Yesterday was the beginning of a new NaNoWriMo and I am participating, for the second time in my life.
And you are asking yourself… What the heck is NaNoWriMo and why should it matter to me?
NaNoWriMo’s real name is “National Novel Writing Month” and it was created on the USA some years ago. For this challenge, and during the month of November, any person participating on it should be writing 50,000 words (at least) about any novel/story of his/her choice. Of course, it is flexible, and you should adapt the challenge itself to your needs.
Last year was my first time doing NaNoWriMo, and it was the first time I was able to write not only those 50,000 words, but also doing so for a month straight. During that month, I learnt a lot about myself and how I approach the writing process. This year, I wanted to participate again, so I prepared the outline for my second novel during the month of October, to be prepared for this challenge. Although yesterday I wasn’t able to start writing because I still had some details that I had to define before start writing, I am SO happy to start writing today my second novel ever.
Thanks to joining this writing challenge, I was able to overcome the fear I had about writing for real, and I want you to do the same: take advantage of this challenge and create! There is nothing better than fulfilling your dreams, and any chance is a great opportunity for you to make it happen.
In case you are interested in NaNoWriMo, here you have some useful information, links and calendars for you to use:
- NaNoWriMo official website: https://nanowrimo.org/ . Sign in, set up your profil and your novel’s profile, and start looking for help, writing buddies and motivation.
- NaNoWriMo’s Twitter account: https://twitter.com/nanowrimo .
- NaNoWriMo’s Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/nanowrimo/ .
- You also have the banner and the avatar for you to use up in this post.
- A calendar to know how many words you should write per day, each day.
- In case you want to go backwards:
- And a calendar with helpful information and tips for each day of November:
I hope I can see you writing (or creating, in any field) for the month of November. Let me know in the comments below if you are going to join this writing challenge and what are your expectations about it, as well as your goals for this month.
I hope you can enjoy November as much as I am going to 🙂